Tax Reporting and Forms

In order for Bulletin to report fees paid to you to the IRS, our finance team requires all US brands to provide a W9 form, whether it be your personal W9 or your business W9 form.

Essentially, we need a form that contains either your business's EIN or your personal SS#. You can fill out a W9 form here on the official IRS website or use this handy fillable PDF that you can fill out and download immediately:


Fillable W9 PDF


Here is a guide on how to fill out the W9 form if you are unfamiliar with the process:


Detailed Guide on Completing your W9 form


For international brands, you will need to fill out a W8 form which you can find on the IRS's website here.


Questions on 1099 Forms:

Bulletin issues a 1099-NEC (Nonemployee Compensation) for all brands who have sold a certain dollar amount within that year's threshold. The threshold for receiving a 1099-NEC is $600 in nonemployee compensation in one calendar year, meaning Bulletin has to pay your Brand more than $600 in one year to receive this form.


Form 1099-NEC is used to report any compensation given to non-employees by a company or for business purposes. A non-employee can be freelancers, independent contractors, gig workers, or other service providers.

Your 1099-NEC form will be sent digitally via email address as well as physically to the address information we have on file for your Bulletin Brand account. It will be sent before January 31st of every calendar year.


Feel free to contact us with any other questions.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 4 found this helpful